Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ruin Me

I love my life. Right now there is a low level of drama and a high level of fulfillment. One of the last things I want to do is ask God to ruin me.

I recently read a book by Craig Groeschel called "It." It has nothing to do with the scary clown in Stephen King's fictional novel. It has everything to do with having God radically move in your life. Some pastors and churches just have it and some don't.

I was really connecting with the book until he said, "Whenever I meet someone who has it - a heart abandoned for Christ - I'm meeting ruined people. I'm not talking about a destructive ruin. Sin destroys and ruins. Burnout can destroy and ruin. Anger can destroy and ruin. I'm referring to the work of a loving God who breaks us and ruins us for his glory."

I'm scarred to ask God to ruin me. I know in the end it will be a good thing but it sure does sound painful. I want God to move in my life. I want to have it. I prayed to have God ruin me. We'll see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. definitely a chalenging thought rob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, an interesting way of thinking, ..., and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll get ready for "it"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good book! And a good, but tough, prayer to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you,Rob. Blessings,Did

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.