Thursday, November 26, 2009

Random Things I'm Thankful For...

Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks. I'm thankful for my wife (she's the best wife ever hands down), I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my church, and I'm thankful that God found me. There are also a lot of random things that I'm thankful for, like...

  • The inventor of toilet paper, Joseph C. Gayetty. Before him people used the Sears Catalog, grass, leaves, sponges, shells, and corncobs. Read those last two again and you will be thankful for Joseph C. Gayetty.
  • The inventor of the phrase, "righty tighty lefty loosey." I don't know who that was but they have saved me a lot of time and frustration.
  • Chipotle...nuff said.
  • People falling down. It makes me laugh and laughter is a healthy thing.
  • Ice Spiker hair glue. I've used it for years. It works really well.
  • Wireless Internet. We just got it for Monica's (my wife's) b-day. Before that we were stuck up stairs on a computer that was worse than having dial-up.
  • Underwear. It rarely gets seen but it's one thing we all have in common...at least we should.
  • Texting - so simple but yet it's revolutionized the way we communicate.
  • The fact that my butt has never been featured on the news when they talk about obesity. Have you ever watched the news when they talk about obesity?
  • The Nintendo Wii. It's fun and it's name opens itself up for immature jokes.
  • Speaking of immature humor who came up with the name aspergers. It's a serious condition that many kids have, but someone should have thought through that name.
  • Naps - if I was in charge I would allow a 30 minute nap everyday. We force kids to take them but then we don't take them ourselves...a little hypocritical don't you think?

That's it for me. So what random things are you thankful?

6 comments:

  1. Nice list. From big to small, it is good to recognize and be appreciative. Have a wonderful day. (That last sentence kind of sounds like a command. O.K., that works or me. Have a wonderful day!!!). Peace my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love it Rob...the little things in life that we take for granted! Thank you for opening my eyes to all of those on this Thanksgiving day. I'm thankful we have guys like you in the church who dedicate their lives to sharing the gospel with students! Keep doing work for the kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate watching the news when they talk about obesity! A can't watch all the channels at once. I might well have made it on there.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.