Thursday, November 19, 2009

Conflict Part 2

How do you feel about conflict?

I hate conflict but I've come to believe that conflict can be healthy and necessary to maintain healthy relationships. With that being said I still want to avoid it like the plague.

The reason that conflict can be healthy is because, when handled right, it can help restore a relationship, heal a wound, or help a person get to the next level.

Think about it this way if someone had a problem with you and it wasn't petty wouldn't you want to know? If you had a blind spot in your life that drove people crazy wouldn't you want to know? If you had unintentionally hurt someone with your actions wouldn't you want to know about it?

Now if it's a high maintenance friend who always complains that you don't call, don't hang out enough, or leave them out then you may not want to know. But if I'm doing something and it's affecting the quality of someone else's life I'd want to know. The key to conflict and overcoming it is in the way you communicate...

To be continued

2 comments:

  1. I have been posting about this recently as well. Conflict can take over one's life until they become a bit of a melodramatic drama queen. Enough! Where is the peace of God that transcends all understanding? ... Still waiting. Yeah, I know. All in his perfect time, which is definitely not my time. Sigh. (Looking forward to part 3.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting topic. I've always been taught to handle conflict with a "creative alternative"

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.