Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finish Strong Part 2

I may not have started strong, but I want to finish well. 

When I started high school I had low self esteem.  I don't know why but I just never felt like I fit in at my school.  Most of my classmates didn't even know I existed my first year at the school. My second year at the school some of my classmates were shocked when I told them that I had classes with them the year before.  At school I was shy, reserved, and afraid to be myself.  So much so that I took my junior year of high school off to home school. During that year I found myself.  I started to get confidence in who God created me to be.  I'll never forget my first day back to school my senior year.  One of my classmates said there was something different about me.  

My senior year I still wasn't extremely confident, but I found my niche.  I made the homecoming court, got a couple senior superlatives, and for the first time in high school I didn't feel like a complete outsider.  It's hard to overcome bad beginnings but a great ending is what people will ultimately remember.  

1 comment:

  1. I thought only scientist types were nerdy and awkward and felt totally out of place around other humans. Huh, live an learn. Seriously though, thanks for sharing this part of your story. I wouldn't have guessed this about you given how you are today.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.