Friday, July 31, 2009

What I wish all women knew

It's impossible for guys to fully understand women and it's impossible for women to fully understand men. For example I don't think a woman can ever fully understand how visual guys are.

I love my wife. I don't even want to think about another woman. When a girl goes out in public she sees what she is wearing as cute or nice or trendy. If she has a nice body she doesn't mind showing off a little skin or wearing something that is so tight it leaves nothing to the imagination. I mean she has worked hard for her body so why not show it off. When a guy sees that same girl his eyes see something very different. What she sees as cute he sees as hot. Now that might be what she wants, but most guys don't stop there. The image of that girls body gets embedded into a guys mind. One look can lead to one thought which leads to a lot more thoughts. A guy can take a little bit of skin showing and turn it into a fantasy as elaborate as a Harry Potter book...although this fantasy is not kid friendly.

As a guy who loves his wife I try really hard to bounce my eyes. When I see a girl that is showing some skin I try to force my eyes to look elsewhere. Sometimes I will even just say out loud I love my wife...I love my wife. I will do whatever I can to not think about another woman. I have had friends become addicted to looking at the female body. Their addiction included the Internet, magazines, and then turning the thoughts they had about those woman into reality by hiring a prostitute. If a guy wants to keep his thoughts pure he has to work really hard. A lot of well meaning girls don't make it easy because they just don't understand the guys mind. When a girl reveals her body it's not just the guy she wants to impress that notices. It's every guy. The grandpa, the father, the husband, the pastor, the 10 year old boy, and the check out guy at the grocery store all take notice. I wish that just for a day woman would be able to see things the way guys do.

4 comments:

  1. yep...would probably scare them...i am sure though that they would not mind us seeing with their eyes the difference between our clean house and theirs. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If women could just get into our minds, they would finally understand our main thoughts: 1). Gotta pee, 2). Need more coffee, 3). Mmmm, donuts, 4). What the heck is chicory? Man with this understanding the world would be a much better place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome to hear guys speak out about this. Girls really DON'T understand...We are so different that we just don't get y'all, and vice versa. :) It's also awesome when guys fight against the mess around them. I wish more did that, and more girls helped them out!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.