Monday, July 27, 2009

Finish Strong Part 5

I may not have started strong, but I want to finish well.

I make mistakes all the time. I get frustrated at stupid things. I put my foot in my mouth. I hurt people that I love. I'm not perfect. It's my goal to not be perfect but to be genuine. I want to be real. I want people to experience the real me and not some fabrication of who I think people want me to be. In doing so I hope people aren't shocked when they see me make mistakes. At the same time I hope to learn from my mistakes and become a better person.

History teaches us about a man named Saul. He was very religious. So much so that he persecuted people who didn't believe the same things about God that he did. One day Saul met Jesus and it radically changed his life. He went from arresting Jesus followers to leading them. At the end of his life, while in prison for his faith in Jesus, he wrote "For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

We all make mistakes, but it's not the mistakes that should define us. It's the way we finish the race. Saul wasn't defined by how he started the race, he was defined by how he finished it. Don't let yesterday's mistakes define you. Learn from them and become everything you were destined to be. Finish strong.

Concluded

4 comments:

  1. Rob, I appreciate very much what you shared in this series of posts. You gave me some important things to consider and think about and make a part of me. You also shared some things that helped me to know you better. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging message Rob! Thanks for sharing your stories. They definitely reflect the theme of the Gospel- yesterday sinners, today forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice wrap to the series. i think we can all relate to the mistakes we made along the way and realise we will make more in the future no matter how pure our hearts. thanks for being real man.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.