Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Behind closed doors

Lately I've been wondering why more people don't hurt themselves walking through closed doors. Think about it...you can't see what is on the other side. People walk in and out of them all the time. My question is why aren't more people hurt because they walk through the door at the same time? A person could get hurt when reaching for the door as someone on the other sides pushes it into their hand. I think it's only happened to me once. I walk in and out of a lot of doors. Why don't I collide more? Is it blind stinking luck or coincidence?

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Very strange. I have been having similar thoughts. I am always walking around work carrying my laptop, my coffee, my notebooks, pencils and erasers, wild ferrets, etc. I come up to the windowless
    fire doors and am trying to turn the handle using two fingers. If someone were to ever come through the door from the other side, they would send all my stuff flying and probably give me a concussion. Why doesn't this happen? I need answers here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be internal radar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it has to do with spider sense...tingling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what about closed glass doors?
    Joe walked into my glass door on my back porch the other night and the glass popped out. luckily it is exchangable with a screen insert so it was ok.. but joe's forehead, and ego weren't. it sounded as if he has thrown a chair off a roof or something. but nope it was just joe... running into a glass door.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.