Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth of July Weekend

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. Yeah America!

Question: What other countries have the 4th of July?

If you said none then you are incorrect.

Answer: All other countries have July 4th, but it's a holiday in America because we celebrate our Independence.

But did you know that Denmark also celebrates the holiday? According to Wiki "Denmark is the other notable country that celebrates July 4th, owing to a famous Danish-American, Max Henius who lived there and donated land specifically to Danish-American relations." Huh. Who knew?

For this fourth of July weekend I'm going out of town to hang out with some friends. I then have to come back on Saturday (the 4th) to work on my talk for this coming Sunday at Waters Edge. It's written, but I have to do some re-writes and memorize it. So what are you doing for the 4th of July?

8 comments:

  1. Today I am going to work. Tomorrow I thought that I would try something completely different and work. Oh wait, those are not all that dissimilar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great 4th! know you will do well on Sunday! I'll download it next week. headed out of town here in a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully gonna be in the hospital with a new baby...haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. refer to (jakeholla.blogspot.com) for my response

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, per request... i updated yesterday with some belated Relient K lyrics. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working...the irony is thick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wedding. Ohio. I guess it could be Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in Canada for the 4th of July. It was weird not to celebrate it. However, FAcebook kept me patriotic.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.