Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finish Strong Part 1

I may not have started off great, but I want to finish strong. 

I love going to summer camp.  Each year, taking the Students at Waters Edge to camp, is a highlight for me.  I love it.  

When I first went to camp though I didn't start off strong.  I was in sixth grade.  I led my friends to skip the first morning session to play in the woods.  I then wore a bathing suite to do an obstacle course. I didn't know that part of the course was having your team hoist you up over a wall.  Apparently all the leaders could see all of my business.  One of them asked if I needed to borrow his underwear for the rest of the weak.  Um no. I don't remember God moving in my life at that camp.  I don't remember having an amazing time. 

There are a lot of things in life that I didn't start off well.  I don't want to be remembered for how I start...I want to be remembered for how I finish.  

2 comments:

  1. finishing strong is a great ideal. we can't go back and change what happened before, move forward strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moments where we do something and understand that it is not who we should be or who we want to be are important "aha" or learning moments where we can make necessary course changes in our behavior or way of living. Finishing strong seems completely tied in with the maturing process.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.