Monday, August 3, 2009

Vacation had to get away

Vacation is what I love the most about summer. My wife is a teacher so she gets a good long break from work. I take a few days off throughout the summer but our big vacation comes during the first week of August. This year Monica and I are taking our very first cruise.

I've resisted going on a cruise before because I wasn't sure I would love it. I think I'll love all the food and shows at night, but during the day I worry I will get bored. I'm not a lay by the pool kind of guy. I'm not a read a book in the hot sun kind of guy. I'm not a tan kind of guy. For vacation I like to see things. Normally on a vacay I go to a city and dominate all the tourist attractions. I run around so hard by the end of my vacation I need another vacation. And that is the reason for going on a cruise this year. I need to relax. I need to rest. I can't wait for this cruise.

So how about you? What are you doing for your vacation?

2 comments:

  1. vacation? nothing formal. my days have been vacations in and of them selves, when i can. going back to florida on the 16th with T, so a mini vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big vacation kind of guy, never have been. I travel a lot during the year because of my job, and I spend enough time away. I know, kind of odd.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.