Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8 Years & Counting

Today my wife, Monica, and I celebrate 8 years of marriage. In some ways 8 years seems like a long time, but in others it really doesn't. I mean I have a great memory, but I have a hard time remembering LBM...life before Monica. I can't even imagine life without her. I love her more today then when we got married.

In an imaginary world if I wasn't married and I met her today, 8 years later, I would still want to marry her. Hopefully if that were the case she wouldn't be married because I would have to beat up her husband. If I couldn't beat him up I would have to try because he would be married to the love of my life. I would probably do a drive by kick in the shin and then run away screaming you ruined my life. It wouldn't be his fault but I would fight him anyway. Luckily God worked it out so that we are together. I think He knew my life would stink without her.

Happy Anniversary Monica. The only woman I've ever loved.

7 comments:

  1. ha... i love the "kick in the shin" part. I'm picturing the mini-movie now.

    so happy for you both... CONGRATS on 8 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on 8 years man! such love in your voice as well. hope you enjoying the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the "other" woman in your life who changed your dirty diapers, wiped your nose, supported you in every way until you could support yourself, and loved you even before you were born, I'm delighted you found Monica! Congratulations on a great choice. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...8 years! I remember the blessed day. :) Yall rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob, it is so beautiful to hear you bubble on about your wife. It speaks to the strength of your relationship. It also speaks to how hard you work at keeping it strong and vibrant and passionate. You provide a wonderful model. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Hope you are having a great cruise!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.