Thursday, August 6, 2009

What are they saying? Part 2

Have you ever sang a song, maybe for years, only to find out later that you were singing the wrong words? Sometimes it's just hard to make out what the singer is saying. Case in point the song Broken by Lifehouse. When I first bought their CD (yea I still buy CD's) I thought I heard a lyric that just didn't make sense. The lyric sounded like "I may have lost my wiener, haven't forgotten my way home." I didn't think the song was about a lost wiener dog, or sausage made from beef, or...some of you people need to have your brains washed out with soap. Dirty people.

I listened to the song a million times trying to figure out what he sang. I finally had to look at the lyrics because I was sure what I was hearing was not right. The correct lyric is "I may have lost my way now, haven't forgotten my way home." Now I can't prove this but I think that other people thought the same thing because when Lifehouse released the single it was a different version. The radio version rocked a little more and that line is spaced out so it is clear that he sings "way now."

What songs do you sing the wrong words to?

6 comments:

  1. oh just mumble through...lol. thats usually how it is with screamo for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make up words. Just have to sing them loud and proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The classic song by Manfred Mann called Blinded by the Light. "Revved up like a douche". I still giggle like a school girl just thinking about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Needtobreathe's new song "Something Beautiful." I'm not sure but I think he sings in the chorus, "Cuz I just want something beautiful to touch me. I know that I'm married cuz I am down on my knees waiting for something beautiful. Oh! Oh! Oh-oh-oh! Something beautiful!"
    I normally have a really good knack for assuming obscure lines from tunes, but I think I have this one wrong. I really like the song, though, and I belt it out along with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The words to NeedToBreathe are "Cause I just want something beautiful to touche me. I know that I'm in reach, I am down on my knees, and waiting for Something beautiful."

    ReplyDelete
  6. The words to NeedToBreathe are "Cause I just want something beautiful to touch me. I know that I'm in reach, I am down on my knees, and waiting for Something beautiful."

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.