Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Warm and Fuzzy Memories with Rob

And now it's time for another Warm And Fuzzy Memory with Rob...

When I was in college we used to visit, hang out, and if we had money, shop at Wal-Mart. One of the things I love about Wal-Mart is that they provide jobs for many elderly folks. One day as I was walking out an older Wal-Mart employee near the exit asked to check my receipt. Her whole job was to check receipts, making sure you walked out with only the stuff you purchased. When she was done checking your receipt she would make a check mark on your receipt with a highlighter. The elderly Wal-Mart employee took my receipt in one hand as she looked it up and down. In her other hand, unbeknown to her, she marked up and down my shirt with her highlighter. When her eyes went down the receipt she marked down my shirt. When her eyes went back up the receipt she marked back up my shirt. I was wearing a white button down shirt from the GAP. When she did it the first time I gasped, but she didn't hear me. When she marked back down my shirt I just smiled. I thought I'm glad I'll have a place to work when I'm old. And that my friends is another Warm and Fuzzy Memory with Rob.

Epilogue:
Now that I think about it, I bet she was just using her age as an excuse to mess with people. I bet that night she went to her Bingo club and told a hilarious story about how she marked up and down some college kid's shirt and he didn't even say anything.

8 comments:

  1. You had me all swelling up with emotion, then you yanked the rug out from under me. Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I fear old age. You've got some wild stories Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get a kick out of the old people that work @ Chick Fil A as "hosts", passing out wet naps and mints

    I DON'T get a kick out of old people driving 20mph under the speed limit on a one-lane road...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. The funny thing is, she blogged about you today. I'll send you the link. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA, you have some funny comments on this blog. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, you gotta love those old ladies at wal-mart! I had one today ask me where my christmas cheer was!!! Its way to early for that!!! Thats all the reason behind my latest blog, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny!

    But I must admit to never enjoying old drivers going way too slow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad she didn't have a knife. You'd bled out and died right there.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.