Sunday, November 9, 2008

Holds up vs. Doesn't hold up

My friend Dan Peters and I have some pretty interesting conversations. They have inspired Monica (my wife) to start a journal of various quotes that have been said during some of our conversations. I would like to include you the faithful robshep.com reader in on one of those recent conversations...

Dan is adamant that the movie Speed doesn't hold up. He says he liked it when he first saw it but now it's horrible. I on the other hand disagree. I think it is still an entertaining movie. It's not Oscar material, but it is a good action movie. So I'm wondering what do you think? Does Speed, with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock driving a bus around LA at 50 miles an hour in hope that the bus will not explode if they drop below 50 miles an hour, still hold up?

8 comments:

  1. I liked that movie, but I could not see myself watching it more than once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once a year is a lot. I should give it a re-watch to confirm how adament I am about it, but the last time I saw it I wondered how I ever could have liked the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, I will have to go back and watch it. If memory serves me right, the only thing it would hold up is space on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's interesting that he liked it the first time he say a movie

    ReplyDelete
  5. it holds up, only for the fact that Dennis Hopper gets a crucial headache as he meets his demise. pretty wicked way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked it. But I don't think I would ever say, "Hmmm, I really feel like watching Speed today." Not a classic for me, but if it was on TV I might pause and watch a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's gum in my seat! Gum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Brian from Poquoson is saying he was a very discriminite child/teen and realized Speed was horrible the first time he saw it Rob.

    Good for you if that's the case Brian, you were probably the only one back then.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.