Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Costume Party Number Two

Last Friday I went to my second costume party in October. I went once again as Mario. In fact I have a four year plan for this Mario costume. Next year I'm going to add yellow buttons to the costume. In two years I'm going to add raccoon ears and a tail to be Mario from Mario 3. In three years I'm going to build a car out of cardboard and strap it on...thus I will be Mario from Mario Cart. In four years I'm going to strap shoes to my knees and walk on my knees all night...thus being the regular Mario before he becomes super. I figure if I spent money on it I might as well get some use out of it. Here are some picks from the costume party.
This time I brought Luigi. Luigi kept wanting to kiss me all night and I refused. I don't kiss my brother.
Speaking of my brother. A lot of people dressed up like the Joker this year...but I think it is safe to say only one person dressed up as the Joker in a nurses outfit. If you've seen the movie then you know what scene it's from. My brother ended up winning two costume contests that night. He won a $20 gift card to Starbucks and he won $100 cash money!

Here is a shot of Brian Miller and I strategizing for Baggo/Cornhole.

Pictured below...Carlyn as a gold digger, Monica as Luigi, and Courtney as a girl in a black dress with a pointy hat.

5 comments:

  1. HAHA, I love the Mario and Luigi costumes! Well done! I also laughed when I read your caption of courtney's costume! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I was a witch... it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. unfortunately... Hot Topic had the Nurse Joker outfit on display as an example of what you could do by combining some of their in-store costume items...... and they sold out of all the stuff haha..... but at least your bro was in the minority of Joker-esque costumes! Cuz as far as regular Joker costumes..... there was FAR too many, and I only saw maaaaybe one decent attempt at it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mario and Luigi idea. Great. And yes, I saw a few jokers around but you're correct -- only one nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to go on record to let everyone know that my husband, Jonathan, thought of dressing up like the Joker in the nurse's dress the same night that we saw the movie. He was so excited about it. He was a bit disappointed when one of our friends told us they heard about a store having the costume on display. However, we had already pieced his outfit together on our own. That was way better than buying it in a kit.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.