Thursday, November 27, 2008

Movie Review - Four Christmases

After Thanksgiving dinner my family has a tradition where we go see a movie. This year the movie of choice was Four Christmases staring Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon.

Vince and Reese play the dating couple who both come from divorced parents. Their upbringing causes them to avoid family oriented subjects like marriage, having kids, and celebrating Christmas with your family. They believe that marriage is the end all to a relationship so they avoid marriage like the plague. Each year at Christmas they go on vacation to avoid the family gatherings. This year their plans suddenly change and they are forced to celebrate Christmas with their family. Because both their parents are divorced they end up having to go to four different Christmases.



It's rated PG-13 for mild crude humor and some swears. It is not bad for PG-13 standards but this is definitely not a kid friendly movie.



Overall I thought it was OK. It's decently funny, but the characters are all very cliche. Since I'm pretty hard on movies I will tell you that the rest of my family liked it. They thought it was pretty funny. It's definitely not a new Christmas classic, but it is not a horrible movie.


Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD. One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin. Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it. Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

4 comments:

  1. According to my watch, it is 9:21 a.m.. You said that you see the movie after Thanksgiving dinner. Either you eat quite early or you are in a very different time zone.
    Signed, perplexed and confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i was waiting for this review. i'll wait for it to hit Red Box lol. we ended up retreating to Josh's house to watch There Will Be Blood.... very.. um... interesting movie? i was intrigued to see what all the award-hype was about. Still not sure haha

    either way.. happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, we celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents on Wed. night. My parents leave for Ohio to see my sister every Thanksgiving morning. Thus after our Thanksgiving dinner on Wed. we saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gremlins should be in your survey... other is not were Gremlins should be.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.