Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Highlight

I'm a big basketball fan...particularly NBA basketball. My Lakers just won their first round playoff match up! In honor of them I am going to share my one basketball highlight. I have never been great at b-ball. I love to play, and I would be awesome if I was tall, thin, had the ability to jump, and was athletic. Anyway when I was in seminary I played on an intramural team. In the playoffs we were playing against one of the best teams. For some reason a guy that was 6'5" was guarding me the whole game. I stayed way out at the three point line the whole game (it was strategic because I didn't want him near the basket to get rebounds). Anyway in the second half I got the ball and hoisted up a shot. He jumped and about killed the ball out of the gym. I made the shot in his eye. Our team ended up winning by three points that game (I didn't score the last points, but I contributed to the win). I only took one shot the whole game and when I did Monica took a picture (look closley and you can see the ball). Thus, here is my one highlight. Enjoy... By the way our team won the championship that year and I have a red t-shirt that says Intramural Champs to prove it.

3 comments:

  1. O yes. The shot. That was hilarious awesome. I still don't know how you did it. Scott has probably had nightmares of your shot- right in his FAYCE!
    I was thinking the other day of how hard you hit the floor that one time. Did you guys get any pics of the bruise? That was, in a way, quite a highlight as well.
    We are the Champions my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle, you are number 23. I love how you are just standing there taking it all in. You had such convidence in me that you knew you didn't have to follow up that shot. Or you were just waiting for Scott to block it down the other end of the court. I plan on putting up picks since you mentioned the injury! That was the worst pain I have ever been in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Rob, you found the pic. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.