Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crucify me

I don't know if anyone reading this is a people pleaser or not, but I am in a big way. I want people to like me. A few months ago after preaching a sermon I received an anonymous letter criticizing my message (just a side note but grow a spine and put a name with the letter). At that point a little saying came to my brain...even if my sermon was perfect someone would crucify it. I think the same thing is true with us...you could be perfect and someone would find a way to crucify you. It is my goal to live more for God then I do for man's approval. I really do desire people to like me. I'm not perfect and therefor even more people will crucify what I say and do. I am pushing myself to live for God's approval and not mans. At the end of the day I would rather have God say well done my good and faithful servant then a million people telling me how great I am.

1 comment:

  1. That is a terrible blog. I completely disagree. You are the worst human being ever and I am angry!!! I am even yelling at my dog right now!!!
    -anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.