Thursday, April 17, 2008

Michael Scott

I really enjoy the TV show the Office. It is awkward and character driven...two things that I love. I was watching an old episode about Michael (the boss) being forced by corporate to fire someone. This decision jacks him up because wants to be friends with everyone at work. He waffles around in agony the whole episode before he makes a decision. I totally see myself in that situation. The problem is that is the opposite of what a leader should be. Sometimes as a leader you have to suck it up and make a hard call even if it affects your friends. It is hard to make unpopular decisions, and have people criticize your actions. It is hard, but that is why most people follow and not very many people lead. If God has put you in a position to lead then thank God for the opportunity and lead well. More people will be affected negatively by waffling and indecisiveness then leading towards a decision. This is something I am working on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.