Friday, October 22, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with thoughts. The following is a massive mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • I was passed by a mini-van that had the fake wood paneling on the side. Do you remember those? Now two thoughts came to my mind when I was passed by this van...1. how slow was I going to be passed by a mini-van from the 80's. 2. who ever thought it was a good idea to put fake wood paneling on a van?
  • While jogging the other night I passed an elderly guy who was walking his dog. Now the reason this is getting mentioned on the blog is because this elderly guy was wearing a flashlight on his head, and he was looking for his dogs poop so he could scoop it into a plastic bag.  I giggle whenever I see people scooping their dogs poo into a plastic bag, but the site of this guy with the flashlight on his head was very humorous. 
  • Last week I posted about lima beans. My wife loves succotash which is lima beans mixed with corn. I forgot to add the following to that blog post. If a food wants me to eat it then it can't have the word suck in it. Granted it's spelled slightly different, but I still ain't eating it.
  • This week Waters Edge hosted a House Party. It was the biggest House Party ever. Now after the House Party I form new Community Groups with the info that people provide on their info cards.  I put the groups together with the help of Josh Wilson, Director of Administration.  After looking at one of the info cards Josh said...and I quote..."this guy said he came to the House Party with Anita Group." After he said it I thought that it sounded like something out of a Bart Simpson prank. There is no way another person has the name Anita Group. If you don't get it then let me fill you in...it sounds like "I need a group."  Whoever put that on their info card is pretty witty. 
  • Halloween is a week from this Sunday. Are you a fan? Will you dress up as anything?
  • Speaking of Halloween vote for your favorite candy on the new survey at robshep.com.
  • I think I'm going to jog a 5k on Thanksgiving. I've been jogging 3 miles and it actually is becoming a little easier.
  • I bought new jogging shoes last week.  I also bought some jogging socks.Did you know that you are not supposed to jog in cotton socks? I don't know what the difference is but I figured if I'm going to do it I might as well try to be like the pros.
  • You might have noticed, but I don't call what I do running. It's seriously jogging. It's a little faster than a power walk, but I'm pretty sure a two year old or an elderly person who doesn't need a walker could catch me. 
  • Last night on my way home from the Redbox I saw a lady crouching in the middle of my street. As I drove past her I saw that she was scooting a dead squirrel out of the street and she was using a stick. I really wanted to ask her why she was doing that.
  • Next week Mr. Anderson will be in the 757. Mr. Anderson is the brand new Community Group Manager at Waters Edge Church! He is an answer to prayer and I can't wait to start working with him. He's coming with his wife Kristi to look for a place to live.
  • Speaking of a place to live we are selling our townhouse. It's really hard to think about not living here. We've lived her for 5 years and it's the first house that we bought.
  • If you are looking for a local realtor we've been really pleased with Dan Peters of Creed Realty. He's gone above and beyond!

2 comments:

  1. Varied list today. From poo-scooping old men to squirrel-pushing ladies. Who could ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel sums it up well. In addition, I focused on the possibility of your move and took a quick inventory of the many dwellings in which you have lived. I think it adds up to about 15 if you count college days.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.