Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Am Blessed

There is a fun group game that we call visual telephone. I'm not sure if that's the official name, but it's ha-larious. The game involves writing a noun, players interpreting that noun, and then drawing the interpretation of that noun. So if the first noun is Rob it ends up being something crazy like ninja billy goat.  It's a lot of fun.

One of the last times I played the noun I was given was, "we are blessed." Two observations...1. I'm not great at grammar but I'm pretty sure that's not a noun. 2. How in the wide world of sports do you draw we are blessed? It ended up being pirate booty. Like I said it's a lot of fun.

Now I may not have a fat clue how to draw "we are blessed," but I do feel blessed. This week Monica and I have been blessed by so many people.  We have had tons of food provided, a year subscription to Netflix given to us, and we were given multiple gift cards. People have been going above and beyond to show us love. Monica is on bed rest and it has equaled the best food I've eaten, lots of company, and loads of encouraging words.

The love people have showered on us has overwhelmed me. It's helped lift my spirits. Last week I posted about dealing with some depression. Having all this loved poured on us has led me to feel like my old self again.  Just knowing that people are praying for us and for our babies means the world to me. I am blessed.

10 comments:

  1. you are blessed indeed. and loved.

    sorry if my kid scared the ish out of you yesterday about having 2 yr olds. i was slightly mortified. but, if it helps, as soon as we got out the door of WEC, he gave me a kiss and said "lub you mama." ahhh, the heart melts.

    i will keep my dinner donation for later...i'm thinking chicken pot pie and succotash :)

    so glad you are feeling better--do you think dressing up like mario may have helped? hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are feeling more like yourself. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear this. Monica and you bring a lot of joy to many people. I would like to bring over some dinner when you all have an opening. Please have Monica let me know when this would be ok.

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Body of Christ is powerful. Blessed that you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this game! We call it pictionary telephone. We are blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rob, I totally brought that game to hampton roads... okay, so maybe not so much but at least to game nights and my community group. we called it "puff puff pass" in Birmingham - as crazy of a name as that is - and traveling pictionary. Praying for you guys lots these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meredith, thanks. Both for bringing that game to the 757 and for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bernadette, will do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey, I wasn't scared. I say bring it. Um about the succotash...how bout a Chipotle burrito instead? I kid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude-when you left the meal from Barb Murray on the reception desk I almost stole it - it looked so good. So glad you're feeling more like yourself. Yourself is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.