Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The World Without The Fall Of Man

If you grew up in church or have even visited on a non churchy holiday then there is a great chance that you have heard about the fall of man. The characters are Adam and Eve, the devil in the form of a snake, and a forbidden fruit. Adam and Eve eat the fruit and sin enters the world. According to the Bible labor pains, weeds, guilt, and the need to wear clothes all came the second they ate that fruit. I've often thought about what our world would be like if they didn't eat that fruit.
  • Giving birth would be painless. I think that means that women would give birth while standing up and doing something they love like Jazzercise. There would be no mess and husbands would not only not be grossed out by the process, they would also catch the baby with their soft hands. If only we didn't eat that fruit. 
  • Men would have soft hands. There would be no calluses because there were no weeds and work would always be fun. We would work hard but it wouldn't wear on us like it does in our world. If only we didn't eat that fruit.  
  • We all would have rock hard abs. Have you ever seen a picture of Adam? He always looks like he's in good shape. Why? He was naked. Granted he didn't realize he was naked but I can't help but know that if everyone was naked we'd all have nice abs.   If only we didn't eat that fruit.
  • Since we would all be naked lust would not be around. Instead teenagers would sneak a peak at Playboy Magazine and it would feature women fully clothed from head to toe. There would be no guilt but the sight of fully clothed women would make them giggle like school girls. If only we didn't eat that fruit.
  • Food wouldn't have calories. Or if food did have calories we would all have super mutant metabolism to be able to eat whatever we want and not gain weight.  If only we didn't eat that fruit.
  • Leather furniture would not exist. Skin sticks to leather. We've already discussed that we'd all be naked. Thus we would not have leather furniture. Instead we would have bear skin furniture! If only we didn't eat that fruit.
  • Babies would be born with rubber teeth that retract when they eat. One thing I do not look forward to is my twins teething. I've heard it's not easy for babies or parents to go through. But in the glorious world of things before the fall, babies would not have to suffer when they grow teeth. Mom's wouldn't suffer either because their teeth would be made out of rubber that would contract when they chew on stuff. Babies not teething would be awesome.  If only we didn't eat that fruit.
  • No one would have to go to the bathroom. We would eat whatever we want and it would just dissolve in our bodies. How do I know this? Well, how gross would it be to go to the bathroom outside while naked and not have toilet paper? That doesn't sound like paradise to me. The garden was paradise and that means nobody is pooping. If only we didn't eat that fruit.
  • It goes without saying but insects would not exist. Being naked and all we wouldn't have shoes to kill the spiders, or clothes to protect us from mosquitoes. If only we didn't eat that fruit.
  • Math would not exist. The Bible says that God is not a God of confusion. Math is confusing as all get out, so therefore the Devil created Math. If only we didn't eat that fruit.
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” - Revelation 21:5a.

The world as we know it is broken. There is pain. There is hurt. There is suffering. But Jesus is making everything new. Jesus is in the business of taking the mess that we created and making it like new. The world we live in is broken but Jesus doesn't let us suffer alone. Even though we broke the world He loves us and renews our lives. Through him we can experience a glimpse of what this world was supposed to be like if only we didn't eat that fruit.

26 comments:

  1. Great list rob.  May I add one?  If we didn't eat that fruit we wouldn't have driving idiots who never use a turn signal, pull out in front of you and then poke along, AND TEXT WHILE DRIVING.  We wouldn't need a car in the first place because the leather seats would...well, you know, therefore we wouldn't have someone pull out in front of us and wouldn't text. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another robshep entry that contains the word "poop". I think you are fixed on poop. Poop, poop, poop. There, that ought to hold you for a while. Anyway, great list. But it occurs to me how silly it would look if the nude Celtics were playing the nude Lakers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One things for certain, traffic wouldn't exist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often wondered if the original sin had not happened would anything exist as we know it. I think after much reading that God had created his ultimate creation in man and then fashioned a woman for him. Maybe "that" would have been it ...no child birthing, no more anything. They could have lived forever talking to animals and walking with God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome post! And I'd like to add that humidity wouldn't exist either. Because...well, come on...we all know humidity sucks and is for the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Rob. I actually cackled (not laughed) out loud at the pooping naked part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel, I can't believe I didn't think about sports. Not only would a nude Celtics vs. nude Lakers game be awful to watch just imagine how gross it would be to play against sweaty naked guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate traffic. If only we didn't eat that fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talking animals would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Leah and I agree. VA humidity is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kris. I tried hard to make people cackle on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good words, man. But I really like leather furniture. A lot. I don't have any, but I like that I have that option :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm bringing up the point that the Fall is responsible for Math on Sunday.  I don't care what we are talking about, somehow I will bring it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. iTunes would be easy to use.

    Lawyers wouldn't be necessary.

    There'd be no horror movies.

    Charlie Sheen would be normal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Speaking of poo...we wouldn't have colonoscopies, not the best time in the world, if you haven't had one, just take my word for it, that stuff you have to drink for the "cleanse" ahead of time is the epitome of Gag Nasty.  If only we didn't eat that fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not drank it but I'll take your word for it. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ricky, Charlie Sheen would be normal is a very funny comment! 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mariannehr, is this because you don't like Math or because you do? I need to prepare my response in advance. 

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love leather furniture. But have you experienced bear skin? I think it would be amazing! 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such funny stuff! My favorite is the one about women giving birth while doing Jazzercise, I forgot about Jazzercise. I think a bear skin drum stool would be awesome!  

    ReplyDelete
  21. So no swimming then I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Tommy. I was hoping someone would find the Jazzercise line funny.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Or there would be swimming but it wouldn't make us tired and there would be no peeing in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice!!!   :)

    (I have always thought about what it would be like if everyone was naked.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It would be breezy that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.