Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dear Tripp and Tyler

Dear Tripp and Tyler,

I'm not real good with writing letters so the following is a bulleted list of random things that I want to say to the two of you...
  • I think you both are really funny. In fact, I think that people who don't think you are funny are sick. Not sick like all the cool youth pastors use the word, but sick like they need to go to the doctor and get some serious medical attention.
  • You both left comments on my blog. Tripp's is here and Tyler's comment disappeared when I changed my comments to Disqus, but I promise you left one. That made my week.
  • I often help write videos for Waters Edge Church. When I do I impersonate what I think you think would be funny. For example...
  • Tyler have you ever wished that people said your name first when referring to the two of you? That's really nice to let Tripp go first all the time. I'd say that's like Jesus.
  • Tyler and Tripp (you see what I just did?) I've had your song Bowlin' (video coming at the bottom of this post) stuck in my head for 24 hours. Out of all the songs in all the world, my brain chose yours to trap. I think that's what inspired this blog post.
  • Tripp I'm glad you started blogging again. I really like your blog.
  • Tyler you once said that you'd do a guest post for me. I can't wait for that day. It will be like Christmas and my birthday rolled up into one amazing day.
  • I first learned about you from Ben Arment's site. You had me at this video...
  •  
  • I think the three of us would get along. Have you considered replacing the "and" of Tripp and Tyler with Rob? Tripp Rob Tyler has a nice ring to it. Or if you don't like that idea I can change my name to and.
  • Tripp, for the last 3 years I've sat behind you at some point during Catalyst. I wanted to talk to you, but I thought I'd say something dumb. Maybe this year.
  • I promise I'm not crazy and I don't physically stalk you. I may or may not virtually stalk you, but that's okay...right?
  • Besides becoming a Christ Follower, getting married, having twins (still waiting on that guest post about being a dad, Tyler), working with students, skydiving, rapping on stage in front of 2,000 people, winning the Student Summer Camp volleyball championship for three years in a row, and eating at Chipotle 5 days in a row, your week of videos on trippandtyler.tv was one of greatest weeks of my life. Thank you.
  • Tyler, why do you like the Bachelor? I just don't get it. I make fun of my guy friends who watch this show. You watch it. It makes me think that maybe I shouldn't make fun of my other guy friends who do watch it. Help me out Tripp. Am I wrong for joking on guys for watching that show?
  • Tripp and Tyler, people often ask me what you do. I don't really know, so I say you make videos and emcee stuff. If my life ever inspires something worthy of having an emcee, I'd like for you guys to do it.
  • I don't know if that's how you make your living but you do a good job at making videos and emceeing stuff. Videos like...
  • or
  • or
  • I have an idea for a video for you guys. I will share it with you sometime. It's probably the funniest video idea that you have not heard, from a guy named Rob.
  • I don't know if either of you will read this. I did a post about Jon Acuff and his wife left a comment. So you have that to compete with.
Thanks for being awesome,
robshep.com.

15 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow "And", you have more than a bit of a man crush here. In fact I'm surprise M is letting you getting away with all this public fawning. It is all rather unseemly, ..., oh, and kind of funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These videos are really stinkin funny !!!! I love the one called Bowlin with Chris Tomlin. These guys are very funny! I think the WEC videos are just as funny . My favorite is the POLICE videos !!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never clarified, so I would assume I am the Tyler you were referring to. 

    Thank you, your words are nice but you left out that I'm really handsome/charming. 

    That's strike 7. you're out. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyler, my bad. Please forgive me. You are pretty. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I got your email about the Movie Police. Great idea. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. I respect their humor a lot. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks babe. I love to make you laugh. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say, I can't get enough of Bowlin'.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dustin, it is a classic! Have you seen the one they did with Andy Stanley, called Listen Listen?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the love, And.
    And for the record, I haven't forgotten about that guest post. It's coming....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tyler, you are the man! The fact that you left a comment is guest post enough for me. Thanks for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rob, have you ever said to Stu "Gel spikes, what's up?"  Who cares that he's your boss?

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, but I think that you should. He can't fire his sister in law.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.