Monday, September 20, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a massive mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • This week the Waters Edge staff is on a off-site.  We used to call them retreats, but that gave people the impression that we were relaxing.  There will be some fun, but it's hours and hours of planing, dreaming, and brainstorming. 
  • My wife, Monica, has 3 1/2 weeks left of getting a massive shot in her butt. I blogged about here if you missed it.  It's for the health of our twins and I still get the giggles giving the shot to her. 
  • Last night the shot didn't go so well. The needle broke off in her butt, and the medicine went everywhere.
  • Since Monica has gotten pregnant her sense of smell has mutated. She now smells everything and most of it turns her stomach.
  • With me being gone our good friend Courtney is going to have to give her the shot. That's a good friend.
  • I won not one but two contests on Terrace Crawford's blog.  If you are a ministry leader, especially with students, then you need to check his site out. 
  • The stuff I won from his site was from Catalyst. Catalyst is by far my favorite conference to attend each year. This will be my 10th year and I can't wait! It's October 7-8, with pre conference labs on the 6th. 
  • My best friend from middle/high school is the Catalyst Concierge. Chad's the kind of friend that could punch you in the face and you'd want to thank him afterward. He's just that awesome.  I can't wait to see him at Catalyst.
  • If you are a single girl I'd recommend that you go to Catalyst. 12,000 young church leaders and 99% of them are men. I'm telling you church conferences are one of the few places where the line to the men's bathroom is twice as long as the ladies. 
  • If you have $20 I'd love for you to  help a great cause. I'm partnering with 30 bloggers to raise $30,000 in 30 days for charity: water. 20 bucks will provide clean water for one person for 20 years. It's a great organization.  Click here if you'd like more information.
  • I'm currently reading "Sun Stand Still" by Steven Furtick. My pastor was kind enough to give me an advance copy of the book. So far I like it a lot. I tend to settle for the mundane and forget to ask God to do the miraculous.  Furtick's book is like a kidney shot to my faith. It's rock'n me.
  • Where did Bruno Mars come from? Before this year I hadn't heard of him, but he's currently blowin up the music scene. I first heard him sing on B.O.B.'s song "Nothing On You." Then he was featured on the Travie McCoy song that stapled it's way into my brain and wouldn't leave, "Billionaire." Finally the best song as of yet is his solo effort, "Just The Way You Are."  I'm sure he's been around for a while, but it seems like he appeared over night.
  • I LOVE the app "Tower Madness." If you have an iPhone, or iPod touch you should check it out. It's addicting. My wife makes fun of me because the goal of the game is to protect your flock of sheep from space aliens. I say it's the closest I've ever felt to being a true Shepherd.
  • I've been jogging lately. I just don't understand why it's so hard. I work out on a elliptical for 3 times as long and I don't get as tired as I do when I jog. I posted why I hate jogging last week and asked for readers to try to convince me to jog. They did and I still hate it. 
  • Luckily for me all this jogging hasn't affected my nipples. I know you were wondering.
  • Joggers nipples are for real. I saw it on the documentary called "The Office." The staff of Dunder Mifflin did a 5K run to raise money for a cure for rabies.  Andy Bernard had such a bad case of joggers nipples that they bled through his shirt.  The show is a documentary so it's real. 
  • Monica has been on bed rest since Thursday.  She has been spotting, which scares the mess out of me. So far the doctors don't seem too concerned but they do keep writing her notes to miss work.  The problem is that she's trying to save her sick days for when we have the babies. 
  • We've been watching a lot of movies since she's been on bed rest. We've watched "The Killers," "How to Save A Life," "Letters to God," "Cable Guy," "The Back-Up Plan," "Diary Of A Wimpy Kid," "Meet The Parents," and a whole lot of the TV show "The Office."  Some of the movies we watched were hard to get through. 
  • I'm very thankful that the fall TV season is back. I'm really excited to watch "Chuck," "The Office," and "The Amazing Race."
  • I've recently been on a dc Talk listening kick. They are my all time favorite band, but I haven't listened to them much as of late. That is until last week. There songs have been playing non stop in my car. If you haven't heard of them before you should check out the songs "Jesus Freak," "In The Light," "My Will," "Supernatural," "The Hardway"...shoot just get their greatest hits.
Whew...I feel much better now.

11 comments:

  1. Man you have a lot going on. Love that you stay positive and "vertical"-looking throughout. Another place where the men's room line dwarfs the women's room line is in science conferences. I think we might have to look to the Oprah studios bathrooms to find things skewed so badly the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man did i want to win that catalyst pack! fall tv is amazing...can't wait for the middle and modern fam to come back on this wed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you played Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, or Plants vs Zombies? those are my top 3 apps right now. LOVE them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Court is a good friend to be giving Monica the giganticly huge shots! You mean to tell me that the documentary, The Office, is not real...? It seems like you were implying that. Trust me, it's as real as Santa Claus. And that, my friend, is as real as it gets!

    Haha, my word verification thing is "Gaggy." It makes me think of "gag nasty."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake, I have played Angry Birds. I like it. I tried to play some zombie game with plants but it didn't make sense to me. I don't know if it was that one or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I have to say I'm feeling a little bit of pressure for this shot tonight. Between to you and Mon I hope I don't poke it in her eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're praying for Monica...hope she does well going back to school today! I remember the super sensitive smell with pregnancy too. Miserable. :) Has she had any weird cravings yet? With Merrick I wanted ice cream 24-7...with Tirzah it was chicken nuggets and egg biscuits. Everything else made me gag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One reason I enjoy reading your blog is that you are so open, honest and upbeat. I have asked many to continue to pray for you both. I've said how much I adore Monica. She was surely sent from heaven and is an AMAZING teacher. Thank you both for being such good influences.

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, rob! so proud you are jogging more!! just stick with it, and you may start to like it a little more.

    we're praying for you, monica, and those sweet little babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was how to save a life about that high school kid who killed himself and his best friend?

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.