Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Letter To Donald Sterling

Dear Mr. Sterling,

I know you will probably never read this blog post, but with the world wide web anything is possible.  I live in Virginia, and I've had the privilege of flying out to Los Angeles to see your Clippers play basketball on two different occasions.  The truth is I flew out to see the Lakers play and luckily for me I was able to see them play four times because two of the games were against your Clippers.  Apparently at the games I went to see the majority of the people that were there were also there to see the Lakers. 

You own a team that plays in the same stadium as one of the biggest sports franchises in the world.  At one of the games I went to the home team was booed when they were introduced. The problem is the home team was your team the Clippers.  At one point in the game the stadium DJ pleaded with the fans to not boo the Clippers on their own court.  The franchise has had two winning seasons since coming to LA, some would say they are cursed, and you will always be in the Lakers shadow.

Just with the small chance that you would read my little blog I wanted to offer a suggestion.  You should move the Clippers to Norfolk, VA.  The 757 is prime to have a pro sports team and you would be the first.  You wouldn't have to compete with another NBA team, or a single pro franchise for that matter. You wouldn't even have to compete with a major college team. I know Virginia isn't as glamorous as LA, but your team would shine here.  The 757 is the largest area in America without a pro sports franchise.  I would even cheer for the Clippers at every home game...except when they play the Lakers.  Thankfully for you, moving out to the East Coast would move you out of the Lakers division.  I know this is the last of your worries but I'd even be the team chaplain if you move here.

Something to think about,

Rob Shepherd

4 comments:

  1. Sterling, from all accounts, is not a particular reputable person. Shady business practices, convicted slum lord, and a host of other things that would make you shake your head. Sterling cares only about money. The Clippers make a profit. There is no reason to make any changes as far as he is concerned. Boo all you want, just pay to see his team, buy his overpriced food and beverages, and then get the heck out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sterlings address for fan mail:
    Los Angeles Clippers, 1111 S. Fegueroa St. suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA 90015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. It would save us a lot of travel money if we had a local team!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would consider becoming a Clippers fan. The name fits into our area... probably better than in LA.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.