Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a massive mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • I had a great conversation with a York County Sheriff at church on Sunday. Yes we have a Sheriff present at all of our services. It only took one of the handful of church shootings for me to see the importance of having security even at church. Their presence alone will hopefully scare off crazy. I digress...
  • So the Sheriff had some really interesting things to say to me. Things like...everyone should write down their serial numbers to their TV, game systems, cameras, and other expensive items in the home. That way if you get robbed you can report the items quickly and they can track your stuff. If you don't your stuff can get sold and there is no way to prove that it's yours. He also said that you should keep your license plate number in your cell phone. That way if your car gets stolen you can quickly give it to the cops so they can track it. Unless you have your license memorized that sounds like good advice. He said it could take up to 10 to 15 extra minutes to track your plate down through DMV.
  • The most interesting thing that he said to me was that he gets lots of calls from parents who need help with their kids. He said he got a call from a parent who couldn't get their 9 year old on the school bus. How sad is that? He said, "our society has gotten to a place where they call us to police their lives." I think that is a huge sign that our society is in trouble. 
  • I was recently featured on a blog. Ryan Shaughnessy. That was a huge honor for me! Thanks Ryan.
  • On Sunday my pastor announced the new location for Waters Edge first multi-site. This was a HUGE announcement. Our church is too small for the amount of people coming. During optimum service times, that is times where most people can or are willing to attend a service, we are packed. That means that we either have to turn people away or stop growing.  Instead we are going to open a second location in Hampton. Our hope is that 300 people will leave Waters Edge York County and invest their time at Waters Edge New Location. That way it will free up space for York County to grow at the same time we will be impacting and reaching a different area. The new location is the Riverdale Theater in Hampton. Get ready Hampton cause this January Waters Edge Hampton is happening.
  • On Sunday, I jokingly told someone that he didn't like the iPad because it was made by Apple and that he hates all things fruit. I then told him that if it was called a meat-pad I'd bet he loved it. It was a part of a segment at church. The segment also included a video where I interviewed Lebron James. Thanks to worship leading ninja, video editing expert, funny guy, good friend, and all around slacker of a blogger Phil Poteat the video will be posted tomorrow.
  • Not too long ago a person said to me that every once in a while it's good to shock your system. They said that you shock it by eating something different.  Since hearing that I've tried shocking my system multiple times. I have actually eaten some vegetables in hopes that it would shock my system.  I'm not sure that's what they were talking about, but I'll let you know if it works.
  • Next week is a HUGE week for Monica and I. Next week Monica has two procedures for IVF. On Monday she becomes a chicken and she has surgery to remove the eggs. On Friday she has to have two of the best embryos implanted back into her. If all goes well we will be pregnant two weeks from the surgery. Wow! And I'm a little grossed out by all this. I get really uncomfortable talking about lady stuff.
  • I have a theory about dressing up. In almost every circumstance there will be someone who is less dressed up then you.  I've tested this theory multiple times, but most recently at a funeral. I don't like wearing ties, but I don't want to be the least dressed up guy. Have no fear someone will wear jeans. I saw it happen this week. You want another example? Last year on my cruise I was told to dress up every night for dinner. I was told we were supposed to wear a suit or at least a tie. I opted for a nice shirt and khakis.  You better believe there was a joker in a polo and jeans. I never know who these guys are, but I'm thankful for them.
Whew I feel better now.

7 comments:

  1. I love your mind dumps (that just sounds kind of gross)... anyways, we've been praying for you and Monica... we're stepping it up this week! God's got your back.... this is going to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MeatPad. This was a good one. Hopefully you and M can find some peace and joy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh. Thanks for being the best. I love you! I also like that Daniel always calls me M. He either doesn't remember my name or it's a nice little nickname b/c we're tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm always looking for an excuse to wear a tie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica, it's because we've met once and that makes us tight! Actually I was trying to preserve your true identity. Our true identities are the most important thing we superhero-types possess (according to Mrs. Incredible anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything for you Rob! Thanks for being so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're praying for you and Monica! It made me laugh that you called her a chicken. :) Hope all goes well.
    That's really interesting about the serial numbers...never thought about that. And I'm always glad for those "less dressed up" people too...I wonder if they even know that they are in that category?

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.