Monday, July 19, 2010

Movie Review: Inception

The summer movie season of 2010 has not been the worst summer of movies, but it hasn't been amazing either.   In my opinion it's had one amazing movie (Toy Story 3), and a bunch of decent but not great movies.  So far it was slightly better than last summer, but that's not saying much because last summer was nothing to brag about.  Then comes a movie from Christopher Nolan (director of Batman Begins & the Dark Knight) called Inception.

One thing I appreciated about Inception is that the previews didn't give much away.  Going in I knew it was directed by Nolan, it starred Leonardo Dicaprio, and it had something to do with stealing dreams, but that was it.  Unlike most previews today Inception didn't give away the entire plot.  The creators banked on the fact that they had made a good movie, with great stars, and people would come out to see it.  The creators ended up making an amazing movie that not only will people see, but people will be talking about for a long time. 

Inception is one of the best movies I've seen this year! A sign of a great movie is that people talk about after they see it.  Inception is one of those movies that you talk about over and over again. It's rated PG-13 for intense action/violence and because Leo uses God's name in vain.  I give it two thumbs way up.


robshep.com's Rating System

Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on Blue Ray.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD

6 comments:

  1. So, why does Leo make women swoon? I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. just got an invite from a friend to go see this...think i will take him up on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! I need to go see it again now that I know what it is about. I definitely agree that it is an awesome movie if you are talking about it the next week and hearing so many other people talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I don't think I've ever seen you give two thumbs up for a movie, at least not while I've been reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith, I actually gave Toy Story 3 two thumbs up. Before that I think it was the Blind Side. It doesn't happen all that often, but it has happened a few times in recent memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've maxed out at 3 times seeing this movie (twice in IMAX, once regular).... its just THAT good

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.