Monday, January 18, 2010

I Pity the Fool

Maybe it's because I recently watched the preview for the upcoming A-Team movie, but lately I've been thinking about fools. I remember being a kid, watching the A-Team, I'd run around quoting Mr. T saying over and over again "I pity the fool!" Back then I had no idea what that meant.

It wasn't until college where I read a book by Andy Stanley that I learned what a fool is. Andy defines a fool as "knowing the difference between right and wrong, but choosing to do what's wrong anyway."

We all make mistakes but it's foolish to not learn from them. "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." I pray for wisdom daily because I don't want to be destroyed by foolish decisions. If you don't learn from your mistakes, if you choose to do what's wrong, if you willingly ignore the potential consequences; then there is nothing left to do but pity the fool.

2 comments:

  1. Bow before me, for I am king of the fools! The burden of this title is crushing. In time, and with lots of help, I am making improvements. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. andy has written a couple really good books on this...i too pray for wisdom, though i have been the fool.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.