Friday, January 1, 2010

Best of the Decade

So long 2000...hello 2010. The last ten years have marked some significant memories for me. Here are a list of some of my favorites from the past decade...
  1. I got married!
  2. I graduated from Seminary.
  3. My wife surprised me with my first trip to LA. We saw two Lakers games.
  4. My parents surprised me by contacting the Lakers chaplain. He set up a meeting with Horace Grant, a former Lakers and Bulls star.
  5. Playing Mark Batterson and the NCC staff in Corn Hole. We lost bad, but it was fun. Read about it here.
  6. Starting work at Waters Edge church.
  7. Getting to preform with the WEC band. You can check that out here.
  8. I met Dan and Danielle Peters in a WEC Community Group. They are two of my favorite people...and I didn't know them before this decade.
  9. I turned 30. My wife spoiled me with 30 gifts in 30 days. It all ended with a flat screen TV. WOW!
  10. We lived in Texas for two years. It seems like such a long time ago. I loved my time in Texas.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome list. No time like the present to celebrate all of your good fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out. The Shepherds are a highlight of my decade as well. You brightened my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new decade Rob!

    I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you thru your blog & maybe one day you can take me to Chick A Fila or another of those USA eats places that you love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to count blessings from the previous decade.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.