Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best of the Decade

Before we hit the 2000's I didn't have a fat clue who Mark Batterson, Donald Miller, or Rob Bell were. Below is a list of my favorite books from the last decade...
  1. In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day - Mark Batterson
  2. Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller
  3. Velvet Elvis - Rob Bell
  4. Crazy Love - Francis Chan
  5. Communicating for Change - Andy Stanley
  6. It - Craig Groeschel
  7. Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them - John Ortberg
  8. The Shack - William P. Young
  9. The Last Season: A Team In Search of It's Soul - Phil Jackson
  10. Visioneering - Andy Stanley

As you can see I don't read a lot of fiction. What were your favorite books of the past decade?

6 comments:

  1. nice list rob...read most of them...will have to look at the shelf and see if i have anything to add...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a lot of those, but have heard great things, so I need to get busy. :) Billy is reading It right now, but after that I'm going to have to read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about half of your list. I would also add "Darkness Visible" by William Styron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twilight baby!! All 4 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. it's almost like you published my list! we had very similar tastes in books in 09.

    --Terrace Crawford
    www.terracecrawford.com
    www.twitter.com/terracecrawford

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.