Monday, December 21, 2009

Brain Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a brain dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • I saw three ladies wearing tacky Christmas sweaters while out at dinner. I wasn't at a Tacky Christmas Party. My question is are they in on the joke or do they seriously not know? Maybe they just don't care. Do they never get invited to a tacky Christmas Sweater Party because people are afraid they'll hurt their feelings?
  • Speaking of tacky Christmas sweaters our staff wore them last Wednesday for Spirit Week. Come back Wednesday for some pics.
  • Weird things are happening at my house. Monica and I came home the other night and the Nintendo Wii was on. I hadn't played it in days and it wasn't on when we left. Speaking of weird things...
  • Last week our the water pressure to our shower turned into a pressure washer. It nearly ripped the skin off. I couldn't help but chuckle when, from the living room, I'd hear my wife yelp when the water first hit her.
  • I went out and bought a new shower head that feels like rain. I was quite proud of myself. I don't fix things. It's not my gift, but I took care of this one. However, I did have to borrow some tools to get the old one off.
  • This week is Christmas...CAN YOU DIG IT?
  • I don't know if you know this or not but it's a proven fact that this is the most wonderful time of the year.
  • For the first time ever Monica and I are giving each other a practical gift for Christmas. You don't know how hard this is for us. We love gifts! But we need a lot of stuff for the house so it makes sense to put the money towards that.
  • I can't sleep on Christmas Eve. I wake up around 4:00 AM in excitement for Christmas. I normally open my stocking and then put in a Christmas movie.
  • Robshep.com's survey for best Christmas Movie ends on Christmas day. Right now Elf has a commanding lead. If you haven't voted you should.
  • The Christmas Movie Season is here! It's the second best movie season behind the Summer Movie Season. Look for a lot of reviews in the next couple of weeks. Click here to see the review for Avatar.
  • If you live within a 610 mile radius of the 757 then you should come to Christmas Eve with Waters Edge. It's at the fabulous "Ferguson Center for the Arts" in Newport News. Service times are 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00 PM. Pre-show starts 30 minutes before the service.

Whew...I feel much better now.

10 comments:

  1. Good list, especially about your giggles with the water pressure yelps. Nothing like a good dump, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Brain dump is one of my favorite posts...seems really practical

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your brain dumps rob...hope the chrstmas eve service goes well and touches lots...i am the same way on christmas eve...big kid at heart...merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i changed outfits throughout the night for a christmas party / banquet combo night. ugly sweaters and a Santa-themed pair of footie pajamas... pics are on facebook haha

    might have to join for the W.E. Christmas Eve service again this year... amazing last year with the glowstick rave intro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake, I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "tacky" Christmas sweaters/sweatshirts. I think they are comfortable, whimsical, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How old are you again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sincerest apologies! I’m inferring by your response (answering a question with a seeming sarcastic question) that you took my question to be facetious. I’ve enjoyed reading your blog and was generally curious about your age. You don’t know who I am and we’ve never met, so I didn’t think it was pertinent to disclose my identity. (I’m a fellow blogger and I happened onto your blog through blogspot). I’ll discontinue reading your blog. I won’t bother trying out your church either, as I’m afraid I’d be made to feel just as unwelcomed there. Best of luck to you and your followers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, I didn't mean anything by it. It's hard to tell tone in comments. I thought you were joking because I can't sleep on Christmas Eve. I typically don't respond to any anonymous comments, but yours was so different I didn't know how to take it. I appologize if I hurt your feelings...that wasn't my intent. By the way I'm 31.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.