Friday, December 18, 2009

Everybody needs a Chad Johnson

We can only pretend to be perfect for so long. Eventually who you really are will be seen. The last few years whenever a public figure would fall from grace I would start to get scared. Not because of something I was hiding, but because of the lack of accountability in my life. I think people assume that everything is ok with Rob.

This year I started praying for someone in my life to ask me the tough questions. Again it's not because I was in trouble it's the fact that I could get away with it if I wanted to. I was sharing my thoughts with my good friend Chad Johnson (not the football player). That next week Chad gave me a call and that turned into weekly phone conversation. We talk about sports, life, the Bible, and what no one else knows about us. It's a safe conversation where we can honest.

Everybody needs a Chad Johnson in their life. Someone who can ask you the tough questions but not judge your answers. Someone who pushes you to be a better person. Someone who will make you think twice about decisions that could ruin your life. Someone who sees the real you.


10 comments:

  1. I could not agree more. Now to find that person ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, have you made the call to Paul yet? I think he's your Chad. Or how about Brian Miller. He's just a phone call away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Chad guy looks like someone I know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Chad Johnson, except his name is TJ Green. He is a blessing and a necessity...sometimes we correspond daily, even if it's just through texting or FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, I think you might know him.

    Billy, that's awesome. You are blessed to have a guy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant post Rob - I have a mate, Greg French who's been a top friend over many years

    Every man needs a bloke as a friend to truly succeed in life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks John. I love when you leave a comment because it's in Australian. You say things like mate, and bloke. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey... I want Chad Johnson to call me once a week... oh well.

    Totally agree Rob. Where would we be without those who help us NOT make the really dumb decisions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chad, thanks for visiting the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray, for Chad Johnson! Hurray for the Johnson family.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.