Monday, January 25, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a brain dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.

  • Happy Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day! Today bubble wrap turns 50, and the creators have dubbed today their official day.
  • Yesterday I was a part of something that I believe is unique to Waters Edge Church. I had the privilege to team teach with my lead pastor. If your interested in listening to it you can do so here.
  • This is a busy week for me.
  • On Tuesday I help host a Waters Edge House Party. It's how our adults get plugged into Community Groups. Over the next few days I'll be forming the groups. My guess is a couple of hundred new people will join a group. It's going to be a busy next few days.
  • On Friday, Monica and I are going to Philadelphia to see the Lakers play the Sixers. I have a goal that I want to see the Lakers play in every NBA arena. We try to see them play one time a year and this was our pick. I'm excited to see Allen Iverson play. He went to school right down the road from where I grew up. Even though he's from the 757 I'll still be rooting against him.
  • The Super Bowl is set. Colts vs. Saints. At the end of the day I don't really care who wins (I'm a Lakers fan), but I would have liked to see Brett Favre go one last time.
  • Who is your super bowl pick? You can vote on it on the new survey at robshep.com.
  • I visited Hair Club for Men for my free consultation. The good news is they don't think I need a hair transplant. The bad news is I'm going to have to take on a paper route to afford what they recommended. Did you know they no longer do hair plugs?
  • Lost comes back for one last season next Tuesday. I can't wait!
  • Speaking of things I can't wait for...TobyMac's new album drops on Feb. 9. You can download one single a week from iTunes until the album comes out. Last weeks song was ShowStopper. LOVE IT!
  • My dad is a part of the Screen Actors Guild. It's something that you have to earn by acting in a SAG film in a principle role. Pretty cool. One priveledge of being SAG is that he gets to vote on the SAG Awards. Because of this movie studios have been sending him DVD's for him to view. He let's me borrow them so this is a bonus.

Whew...I feel better now.

7 comments:

  1. The tag team sermon could only have been made better if you and Stu were dressed up as WWE wrestlers. I loved the message and the approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quality mind dump. thats a wicked cool deal that your dad has with the SAG membership. any worthwhile movies borrowed so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to tell you that a family friend of Stephanie's family knows your dad through acting. His name is Tim Smith and he mentioned to me the other day that he knows your dad. It came about while talking about WEC. Its a small world after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Daniel!

    Jake, he got Up in the Air, Precious, Julia and Julia, Inglorious B...so far.

    Brian, that's cool. It is a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob - what movie did your dad have a role in? Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MJ, my dad has had bit parts or parts as an extra in a bunch of movies. He shows up in Clear and Present Danger, Major Payne, Evan Almighty, and Flags of Our Fathers. He also has done some TV, Unsolved Mysteries, Homicide, and a Hardees commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Lakers goal. Hope Philly was sweet.
    Ha- Feelin' you on the hair club- let me know if you find an affordable option- don't think I can pull off sexy bald.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.