Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

WoW! Today was a great day! I was blown away with how many people were at church today. We had two services at the Ferguson Center for the Arts. In between services we had a helicopter drop eggs onto a field and then kids were allowed to go on the field and collect eggs. (Nobody was in the field when the eggs fell from the copter). Our early counts estimate 2,200 and that doesn't include preschool numbers. There were probably at least another 1,000 or so at the egg drop. People were going crazy. The real crazy thing is that 20,000 Easter eggs weren't enough. Some kids didn't get any.
The service went amazing! I thought Stu and the band hit it out of the park. What a great message that Jesus destroys all our myths about Him because of what He did on the cross. It is kind of funny though that the main feedback I got was about the bow tie I wore for the Mythbusters segment. People told me over and over again how much they liked the bow tie. I'm just glad they liked it. It was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. It was a good time. I never knew you had this blog, I will add you to my list on our blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.