Saturday, March 22, 2008

Teacher of the Year!

My wife is awesome! Recently she received Teacher of the Year for her school. I know I am biased, but my wife really is an amazing teacher. What makes her so great in my opinion is that she really cares for her students. For example last week she took her class to see Horton Hears a Who after school. One of her students got sick and wasn't able to go, so Monica arranged with her parents to pick this student up and take her to the movie today (on Saturday). She often goes to her kids' games (I never saw one of my elementary school teachers at one of my games). She runs a tight ship and demands respect, but the cool thing is she respects the students. Every year it doesn't matter who ends up in her class; she learns to love her class. I've been blogging about being selfish lately and time after time my wife blows me away with how unselfish she is. She truly cares for people. Without a doubt she is teacher of the year, but she doesn't need an award to tell her that. She gets to make a difference in the lives of her students every year and that goes a lot further than any award. By the way she doesn't even get her own parking space for Teacher of the Year...what up with that? JK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.