Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mind Dump

My mind is constipated with random thoughts. The following is a mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...

  • This past week while trying to fall asleep I felt a hand feel my face like a blind person does in a movie. You know when they say something like "can I see you" and then feel their face? It was quickly followed by "Who is this? WHO IS THIS?" It was a little scary. I quickly replied "it's your husband." Monica quickly replied with "Who is this?" I then said "it's Rob, it's Rob, it's Rob." She rolled over and went back to sleep and I was left laughing to myself.
  • I wonder what she would have done if I said something other than "it's Rob." I am not daring enough to find out but it would have been funny if I said something like, "it's a mugger climbing in the bed to mug you."
  • If Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson fell in love and produced a child it would be Lebron James. He is amazing. I wish that for his sake he wouldn't have left Cleveland. I think that he will have to win twice as many championships before people put him in the best ever category.
  • Accidentally typing Twitter.com but minus the w is not as bad of a mistake as you might would think. Yeah, I did mistakenly type that in.
  • Monica bought me one of Lecrae's CDs. Yes I still like to listen to CDs. I kept hearing about him from people but I had never listened to him. It took a few listens but now I am loving his stuff. It's just nice to be able to listen to quality rap without all the swears.
  • I think the TV show "Private Practice" should be renamed "The Show That Makes My Wife Cry." My wife doesn't cry over much, but that show has made her cry three weeks in a row.
  • Justin Bieber got shut out of the Grammy's, but he did win MVP for the NBA Celebrity Game on Friday night. He won despite the fact that his team lost the game.
  • Speaking of Bieber I would never say that I like his music, but he won my respect with his Grammy performance. He had ninjas. Ninjas!
  • We have 2 weeks left until Monica is at 33 weeks with the pregnancy. She can go anytime after 33 weeks.
  • I am hoping and praying that she doesn't give birth next week. I am in California for a conference.
  • Speaking of this conference Rev. Run from Run DMC and the TV show Run's House will be there. I have two goals at this conference...1. To grow closer to God 2. To meet Rev. Run. I'll keep you posted. The conference is Catalyst West and I am more than excited about going!
  • I am going to help out at this conference as well as attend. My buddy, Chad Johnson (no not the football player), is the Catalyst Concierge. I can't wait to spend some time with him. He's the type of guy that if he punched you in the face you'd say thank you. He's that cool.
  • Vote on the newest survery at robshep.com to decide which store is better...Lowe's or Home Depot?
  • I jogged 3 miles on Tuesday, 5 1/2 miles on Friday, and 5 miles on Saturday. Now when I go jogging I don't wear official jogging clothes. I see people out there on the trails that have water pouches attached to their back like a proton pack from Ghostbusters, neon clothes, and short shorts. I don't want people to think that I know what I am doing or that I like it. Plus I refuse to do short shorts. I gave them up in third grade. Back then they were in style. I thank God for Michael Jordan. He made wearing long shorts popular.
  • While jogging the Noland Trail on Friday I took a little rabbit trail. In other words I went the wrong way for about a 1/2 mile. I have jogged the Noland Trail 4 times and each time I think "I am lost." I don't remember a lot about that trail. This time I went the wrong way when the path split. I am so tired when I jog I don't really pay attention to where I am going. Plus I have an awful sense of direction.
  • People often ask me if I get sick of eating Chipotle. Well, I ate there four times in a row last week for lunch and I LOVED it. I had four lunch meetings and all four of them picked Chipotle. I didn't complain.
  • I love NBA All-Star Weekend. The Dunk Contest was one of the best I've seen in years! I really enjoyed watching the All-Star Game. Kobe Bryant got MVP!
  • The funniest moment of the All-Star festivities was when Paul Pierce got booed. The weekend was held in LA and the fans let him know they didn't like him during the three point competition. When asked about the boos he responded with "I'm just wondering why they aren't booing Ray Allen." Ray Allen was standing right next to him and is also a Celtic. That's why that was funny.
  • I bought a book from Borders last week. When I was checking out the cashier asked "would you like any chapstick to go with that purchase?" I thought that was a little weird so I asked, "Is chapstick a big seller at a bookstore?" She said, "yeah it is." I said, "why are people buying chaptstick at a bookstore?" She said, " I think the pages from reading all of those books drys out their lips." Three days later the entire franchise went out of business. Coincidence?
  • So that's my list...what's on your mind this week?
Whew...I feel better now.

27 comments:

  1. I think it's time to admit you're a runner, long shorts and all. I am so proud of you for doing something new, that you didn't like and that challenges you. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this was a funny one. What would you do if I punched you in the face? What if I offered you chapstick, what do you think would happen to me? I didn't watch the all-star game, but the remark by Pierce was funny. Not your "yeah that's funny and smiles" funny, but actually laughing like a normal person funny. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with melissa. you definitely need to run a race that gives you a technical tshirt. you will NOT want to run in cotton ever again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny stuff Rob. Love Mind Dump

    ReplyDelete
  5. Private Practice is just awesome like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to show my age, but isn't "quality rap" an oxymoron? Just kidding, sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of the whole 116 Clique of which Lecrae is a member. Got to see him, Trip Lee, Sho Baraka, and Tehashii earlier this year and it was awesome. Also Manafest is pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob...the chapstick is for all the lip readers......

    Derrick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your accidental research on what happens if you forget the "w" in Twitter. I can rest easy now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Private Practice makes me cry almost every week. And it's not the pretty cry, it's the ugly cry. Still, each week I come back for more. Sick and twisted, I say. Sick and twisted. And you gotta think that right about now Borders wishes they'd pushed a little less Chapstick and whole lot more books. But, with Barnes and Noble in the same parking lot, the odds weren't exactly in their favor from the jump.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, um I don't know if I am ready to admit that I am a runner. I still hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jillian, glad to hear my wife is not alone in having a cry fest during Private Practice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michael, I will have to check some of them out. I have heard a little of Manafest. He's a white guy right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meema, I guess if you don't like rap then it is. But Christian rap is way less quality then what's on the radio. I like rap so it's nice to have something without the swears.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindsey, we will see. I ran a race and they gave me a cotton shirt. In fact it was a cotton shirt with Santa on it. What up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Daniel, thanks but I am not as cool as Chad. I'd probably punch you back out of pure instinct. I kid I kid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Correct rob. There's a ton of great christian rap..GRITS, Cross Movement, TBone are also great. I suggest creating a pandora station with Toby and Lecrae as seeds. You'll find a ton of good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  18. What conference are you going to? I still hate running too. It's no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have some Grits. I loved some of their older stuff but some of their newer stuff has been hit or miss. I am also not a huge fan of Cross Movement or TBone. I have an album from each of them but I don't love it. I like rap with more of a pop flair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Then Manafest is probably right up your alley

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know you were going to CatWest! I'm planning to attend CatEast later this year.

    //TC//

    ReplyDelete
  22. Their lips dry out from mouthing the words.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.