Monday, February 7, 2011

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...
  • How long do you put deodorant on? My wife says I put it on for way too long. I use a spray and it's a good 2 seconds, but I don't think that's too long. I've got to make sure I cover everything so I don't stank.
  • Have you noticed that Nicolas Cage is in every other movie? He's made a lot recently. I read that he filed for bankruptcy and is working hard to get some money. If he's not careful people will stop paying him money to make movies. His last few have looked kind of sketchy.
  • I used to hate watching the San Antonio Spurs play. For one they are rivals to the Lakers. For two they used to be so boring to watch. They played my favorite team the Lakers last week. I didn't enjoy the fact that they beat the Lakers, but I didn't mind watching them play. What changed you ask? Ginobili's hair. He has the same haircut as I do...short with a nice bald spot in the back. I can relate to that.
  • A contest is coming tomorrow. It's only the second contest I've ever done on robshep.com. The prize is of epic proportions. Ok let me make sure your expectations are realistic. I'm a pastor, my wife is a teacher, and we are weeks away from birthing twins. The prize isn't that great, but don't tell anyone.
  • My favorite Super Bowl commercial = Doritos where the guy made the grandpa come back to life.
  • Your favorite Super Bowl commercial ='s?
  • The halftime show by the Black Eyed Peas got a HUGE mixed reaction. Some loved it and some hated it. I like it a lot. I thought it was full of surprises, energy, and the lights were amazing. I enjoyed it a lot better then the last few. It wasn't perfect, but it was really good in my opinion.
  • I lived in Ft. Worth for two years and it was fun seeing all the coverage of the Super Bowl on ESPN. They had a booth in Ft. Worth and we used to go to that location all the time.
  • Speaking of that location...while living in Ft. Worth I started watching the TV show cops. Why you ask? Well one day I saw our neighborhood on the show. I've only watched it 3.5 times and two of those times featured my neighborhood or close to it.
  • I really think that the thing that will kill me in this life is a vivid dream. I have them and they feel so real I end up doing crazy things. This past week I had a dream that I was in an elevator and I had to hold my breath because it was filled with water. I woke up because I was holding my breath. Luckily for me I've heard that you can't die in a dream. It scared me to wake up and be out of breath.
  • That next day Monica shows me a clip from Ellen. One of her producers had a dream he was diving and he dove out of his bed and now he's in a neck brace. I am now scared.
  • I recently discovered Tyler Tarver's blog. I think that when he's not blogging he's a teacher. I can't decide if he's funny or a little bit crazy. Either way he'd be a fun teacher. I discovered him because of this video. I'd try this but I'm too afraid I'd get hurt.
  • So our house didn't sell. It's been on the market since September and nobody liked it enough to put down an offer. I personally think that the people who looked at our house but didn't want to buy it missed out. I've had a lot of good blog posts because of this house.
  • Do we really need a "Big Momma's House 3?"
  • I'm excited to go to lunch with Steven Latham this week. He's on staff at a great church...Lifepoint. Great church with a great staff.
  • I now introduce to you the most epic pop up book in the history of the world...
  • This AMAZING pop up book was given to me from Melissa, Whitney, and Brett Horton. When I saw it my first response was that my kids won't be able to read this until they are 16. This book is epic.
  • The best compliment I got last week was from the guys in my Student Community Group. They told me that I am getting good at Call of Duty. Now that was the best compliment because A. I stink at that game and they are all really good. B. It was a down week for compliments.
  • 43 people became Christ Followers at Waters Edge yesterday! WOOOOO! It was an awesome day.
Whew...I feel better now.

14 comments:

  1. Of course my favorite entry here is the notion of buying a house solely for the blogging potential it brings to the table. That one about the 43 folks coming forward was a close second though (smiles).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked that Dorito's commercial, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my fave commercial was the VW one with the kid dressed up like darth vader. super cute.

    i use the clinical strength deodorant. it's expensive but WORKS.

    i LOVED the halftime show. no, they didn't sound like they do on cd, and there were a few flubs, but it is LIVE!! and really, the mistakes weren't theirs. mikes? lights? definitely not the performers fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the Doritos House sitting commercial with Grandpa, but my favorite was the VW Darth Vader--over the top cute and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's about whether or not "we" need a Big Momma's House 3, but that Martin Lawrence needs it.

    Thanks for the shoutout, you're nicer to me than my mom.

    Also really enjoy your blog, great stuff. For realzies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tyler. I didn't know you read it. Keep on being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your pop up book looks awesome...fav commercial...the kid in the vader get up...priceless

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of exciting stuff going on! Glad you dumped it out. Your pop up book is for real!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey, that one seems to be the fav for people who comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mind dumps are such a mix Rob. Is it an American thing to hang it all out there? Kinda like Oprah? Aussies are more like the British in their reserve & don't feel as comfortable with putting it all out there.

    I don't think I've ever done a mind dump on my blog ... wonder if I should?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you hear the back-story on that? apparently the kid has a brain tumor, or cancer, or something. really sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do we really need a Big Momma's house 3? No...does Martin Lawrence need it? Yes.

    Better question...do we really need a "FAST FIVE?" Though I am impressed the whole crew is there PLUS the Rock...originally it appeared he was in place of Vin Diesel but I am glad that is not the case.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.