Friday, October 23, 2009

Movie Review - Where the Wild Things Are

"Where the Wild Things Are" is a classic children's book turned into a major motion picture. I actually never read the book as a kid. I was introduced to it by my wife in our first year of marriage. It is one of her favorite children's books.

Here's the thing...the book only consists of ten sentences. With that being said the movie takes a lot of liberties to stretch ten sentences into a two hour movie. Even though there are a lot of liberties taken I think if you are a fan of the book you will like this movie.

The movie is funny, charming, entertaining, and WEIRD. My wife and I both enjoyed it but we left saying how weird it was. I also don't think it's a great children's film. It could be scary for kids under the age of 10.

"Where the Wild Things Are" is rated PG for a few swears and a lot of angry growling/screaming. I give it one thumb up.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD

2 comments:

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.