Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a brain dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • I went to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens on Saturday. The production is top shelf. It really is amazing. It was not that scary for Monica or I, but we enjoyed the sets, and production. We also enjoyed hanging out with friend!
  • I wonder how everyone on the world wide web feels about haunted houses? Are you a fan or a hater? Love to know your thoughts.
  • Great weekend at Waters Edge Church. I thought it was a good first week of our new series Deep.
  • I really like the song "Say Hey I Love You" by Michael Franti & Spearhead
  • I'm still thinking about the U2 concert last Thursday. It was an amazing experience. Bono is like a choir director leading 80,000 people. When they started playing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" Bono simply said sing this. The crowd sang every lyric in the first verse and then the chorus before Bono sang a word. That has to be an amazing feeling, having so many people sing a song you wrote.
  • One of my favorite moments is when Bono led 80,000 people in "Amazing Grace." Wow!
  • Tomorrow night is a House Party at Waters Edge. The House Party is the way to learn about our small groups, called Community Groups. At the end of the night people are given the chance to sign up for a group. It's a busy week whenever House Parties come around.
  • Wednesday I leave for Catalyst. In my humble but accurate opinion, it's the best conference ever created. I'm really excited to hear Andy Stanley, Rob Bell, and Francis Chan. Besides the line up of speakers my favorite part of Catalyst is hanging out with my friends that don't live in the 757. I'm really excited to see Chad Johnson, Mobbs, Brian Smith, and Chad Childress.
  • My friend Chad Johnson, the Catalyst Concierge not the football player, asked me to facilitate a luncheon with Perry Noble at Catalyst. I love what God is doing at Newspring, where Perry is the pastor. I hope I don't jack it up.
  • The only thing I hate about Catalyst is not having Monica with me. I miss my wife when I'm not with her!

8 comments:

  1. I like that Say Hey I Love You song too. Put it on my mix, seriously. I also love that you get to go to this conference, but hate that you have to leave me behind. I have a love hate relationship with Catalyst. I pray you have a great day!

    I love Haunted Houses, but I am rarely to never scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE haunted houses... and I am not a fan of the characters at Howl-o-scream -- I honestly like nothing scary about Halloween.

    Love hearing about what's happening at WEC! We miss everyone there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. see i am not a fan of haunted houses...i hate being scared. i hate when people jump out. normally if i go through a haunted house i am the person with my face in the back of the person in front of me!!! scary...but i do like to go..and try my best not to get scared!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are taking the students at church to Scaremare in a couple of weeks. I'm sure you went there, Rob, when you were at LU. Alot of people say it's not scary, but I'm a big chicken. :) Scares me to death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Mind Dump Rob. Conferences like Catalyst sound so interesting and relevant. I am sure that you will bring back lots of practical goodies to apply to your life and to share at WEC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of the idea of haunted houses.... it's just that most haunted houses I've experienced don't live up to their potential. I get a significant (possibly sick) amount of glee in scaring people.... in fact, I do it quite often on campus with a group of friends. We either do drive-by scares, and get some hilarious reactions... or we hide in dark spots along sidewalks, or on top of the tunnel leading over to East Campus. Step it up, haunted house employees! It's an art... so respect the craft

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob,real excited to hear about the luncheon!Blessings,Did

    ReplyDelete
  8. U2 was amazing, i have been thinking about it too. I makes me think of that "whatever is good whatever is lovely, think on these things" verse. I like haunted houses, I likebeing startled. I don't like it when the employees of halloscream blow in my ear. That kind of weirds me out.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.