Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Happy Halloween.

I didn't really grow going trick or treating. I think I may have gone once. Each year though we did our own traditions. I remember for a while my mom made a pinata that we would tear up to get our candy. In my later kid years we went to fall festivals at our church. It was never that big of a deal to me.

I married a daughter of a Haunted House owner and operator. Halloween has always been a big deal to Monica. Scary movies, haunted houses, and candy are now a part of my life come October.

To celebrate this October we went to a party to carve pumpkins, visited The Haunted Swamp (Monica's dad's new haunted adventure), and for Halloween, well...I'm working on a talk for church tomorrow. Monica may pass out candy or hang out with friends. In other words we are not doing anything tonight for Halloween. What are your plans for Halloween? Do you celebrate it or have a tradition all your own?

4 comments:

  1. No real tradition. Laying low tonight. I have never really been into this one. See you tomorrow evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never really did anything for Halloween growing up either. We are dressing Merrick up as a Dinosaur though for a Trunk of Treat thing they are doing at church tonight. Hoping he gets lots of candy for us, I mean himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trick-or-Treating and a few decorations around the house. Wasn't a huge deal at my house, but we usually did the trick-or-treating (with lame costumes most of the time). I'm not really into the scary stuff. I know there are some that don't do it at all, sometimes thinking it's the Devil's holiday, but I've never thought that. I think of it more as an American tradition. I remember thanking my mom at some point before she passed away for letting us celebrate holidays like everyone else (trick-or-treating, Santa Clause, Easter baskets and egg hunts). It all makes for good memories, and as long as you keep it in perspective, there's no harm in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.