Thursday, October 22, 2009

Easy things that are hard for me to remember

I feel like I'm a pretty smart guy. I'm not a genius but I'm smarter than the average bear (or at least on par with the average). Yet there are some simple things that I know but I have to think twice about.

For example...
  • My zip code. It's 23692, but my work is 23693...I have to think twice before I say my zip.
  • The times that our services start at WEC. 8:20, 9:45, 11:10, and 6:00 PM.
  • I do struggle with grammar. One thing that I know but I often jack up are your and you're.
  • Making Kool Aid. It's easy. There's only three steps. Yet every time I make it I read the instructions just to make sure I don't jack it up.
  • East and West. I know it but I have to think about which way is which.
  • Street names. I give directions by places and landmarks.
  • Where my address goes on a letter. I know it goes on the top left, but I have to think twice to make sure I don't write it in the center of the envelope.
  • The numbers on the Lakers jerseys. I know them but I have to think twice about them.
  • I often print something off at the end of the day at work and then forget to get it. I'll drive a minute down the road and realize it's still sitting on the printer.

What are some simple things that you have to think twice about? Come on don't be shy. Is it which hand is your left or your right, your spouses birthday, your home phone number, or something else?

5 comments:

  1. I find it amazing how my fingers know all the short cuts for my text editor on my computer but if you ask me, I can't tell you (i.e. I don't have a fat clue). Of course, this feedback is not on topic. More to your point, I have to think twice about the year my little one was born (the rest is easy, 1/1), pronouncing the word circuitous, and remembering that I don't like the taste of cottage cheese (even though I want to like it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always freeze up when people ask me how old I am for some reason. I guess it's just the fact that I don't get that question too often so I sort of forget how old I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, you are funny. I don't even know what circuitous means. I looked it up. It means
    1 : having a circular or winding course a circuitous route
    2 : not being forthright or direct in language or action a circuitous explanation

    Ryan, I hear ya on that one. So how old are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To read robshep.com for color commentary on contemporary events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i have a hard time remembering left and right i alway have to do the finger thing in my mind first lol. Plus i also for get my age and grade.. i have to think about it lol.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.