Monday, August 1, 2011

First Annual Blogging All Star Challenge: Update

So a few weeks ago I pitched an idea to Ricky Anderson. Sports teams have All-Star games so why can't bloggers? We picked 5 bloggers each and let you vote on which team was better. It was the First Annual Blogging All Star Challenge.

Team Ricky:
Matt Cannon
Knox McCoy
Tyler Tarver
Leanne Shirtliffe
Scott Moore

vs.

Team Rob:
Jon Acuff
Tyler Stanton
Bryan Allain
Scott Williams
Steven Furtick

Team Ricky came out blazing. Multiple people on his team tweeted and then blogged about the competition. It was close at first but then Team Rob started getting monkey stomped. Something happened that I did not expect. My own friends voted against my team. They said things like "your team is the New York Yankees of blogging teams." I also heard "your team is a powerhouse so I voted for the underdog...twice." Granted Ricky's write up was a wee bit better than Team Rob's I didn't see my own friends voting against me. And then...

Jon Acuff tweeted the following, "Whoa, someone made me into a comic book superhero. Apparently my secret power is "Deep V necks." Check it." Game over. One tweet from Jon = more hits on my blog than I get in a single week. The All-Star challenge post received 123 comments. The final vote was Team Ricky - 193 votes to Team Rob - 316. Jon Accuff for the win.

I can't wait to do this challenge again. I'm not sure what Ricky Anderson has up his sleeve but he tweeted that he's ready and that I could even have Jon Acuff again. Game on.

Now what really spurred this little recap is the fact that I got to meet a lot of new blogging friends. One of those is Tor Constantino. Tor emailed me a ha-larious video that he put together in honor of the All-Star Challenge. It made me laugh out loud multiple times. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

The Un-Official Blogging All-Star Challenge Video
by: torcon

Tor Constantino is a former journalist who has worked for CBS Radio Network and Clear Channel Communications. He posts regularly at his blog http://www.thedailyretort.com/ and to you can follow him on Twitter @torcon.

20 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, hilarious video, can I vote for team Tor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome video! I have to be honest. I only voted after seeing Acuff's tweet. The best team won.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still, Acuff only being able to bring in ~100 extra votes? That's still a win for Team Ricky in my mind. 

    And more female bloggers next time please? 

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the biggest thing since the X games ... Probably got more viewers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait.  I'm confused.  How did my blog not make the cut?!!!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I can die in peace now. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice! ive seen a video like that on conan! i definitely voted for team rob twice! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time you should appease the baseball or football fans among us by including 9 or 11 on each team. (Well...if it's hosted in an American League blog, I guess you'd have to include 10 for baseball to account for the DH.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually I did not get a chance to view your video this morning, but I watched it at lunch time. Very funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that going to his blog counts as a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I liked my team. I liked his team too. I would have taken any of the bloggers from his team.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alise, Team Ricky came strong. We didn't mean to leave off the women bloggers. We picked our tops for this year. Who knows...next year they may dominate the teams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knox please don't die. Not until the Bachelorette is over for good. I finally enjoyed an episode. My wife read your blog as the show played. It was ha-larious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We might just need to up the number of bloggers. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alise - I realize this doesn't even the odds, but Rob and Knox both watch the Bachelorette ... so pretty sure that counts as like another female blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.